About Check-MIG Colombia
The Check-MIG is a recently introduced compulsory travel document that every person must have in order to enter and exit Colombia.
The Colombian Government decided to introduce the requirement to complete the form in order to ensure the safe movement of international travelers as well as protect the country’s citizens during the still-ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Every traveler must remember to submit the Check-MIG form within 24 hours prior to every intended entry to Colombia. The form can be completed 1 hour before the flight start at the latest.
Please note that the Colombian Check-MIG entitles you only to one entry to the country, which is why you should remember to fill out a new form any time you plan to cross the Colombian borders.
The approved form stays effective for 30 days from the date of its approval. Remember to use it within its validity period.
In order to complete the Check-MIG registration, you will need to fill out a short online form and cover the processing fee. Next, the approved document will be delivered to you via email.
Important: Check-MIG does not function as a Colombian visa. Should your country of origin requires you to obtain a visa to travel to Colombia, you will need to apply for a relevant visa and register for the Check-MIG form as well. Do remember that Check-MIG is mandatory even if you can enjoy visa-free entry to Colombia!
What you need to fill out the Check-MIG Form
To successfully go through the Check-MIG Form registration, you have to prepare some details on your health status and planned travel to Colombia.
The application form consists of a few questions, including the transportation way you plan to enter Colombia (air, land, sea). Moreover, you must know the arrival and departure dates, crossing point in Colombia, scheduled arrival and departure time, flight number, etc.
Also, prepare your valid passport to enter some essential personal data. Lastly, you will be required to answer a few questions concerning your health status which will allow confirm that you do not pose any health-related danger for other travelers and are able to travel to Colombia.
Most essential COVID-related questions to answer concern:
- recent quarantine/self-isolatation
- having any of the following symptoms within the last 2 weeks (14 days): fatigue, cough, fever, sore throat, malaise, breath shortness, etc.
- contacting a person who could have any of the aforementioned symptoms
- being tested for COVID-19
- being tested (positive) for COVID-19 within the last 14 days
Check-MIG Form application instruction
First of all, make sure you have at hand any Internet-connected electronic device to start your online application. Next, go to the online form and simply follow three very straightforward steps which go as follows:
- Fill out the online form: fill out all the fields in the online form, including providing all necessary details of your trip and status of your health.
- Cover the fee: After providing all of the mandatory information, proceed with paying the processing fee.
- Refresh your email: Once your payment is successfully registered, you will receive the confirmation via email. Also, the approved Check-MIG will arrive at your email address.
Once your Check-MIG is approved by the Colombian government, it may be used by you for next 30 days. Please, however, note that any time you will be crossing the Colombian borders, you must hold a new Check-MIG form, no matter if you enter or exit the country.
Please also remember that Check-MIG must be approved within 24 hrs before boarding time, up to 1 hour before departure at the latest!
Other important information
- A negative COVID-19 test is required only if you have not been fully vaccinated
- There is no need to collect the Check-MIG form confirmation at embassy as document is delivered to the applicant’s email address
- Prepare all health and travel-related information to ensure quick and smooth application
- Make sure to obtain the Check-MIG for all your young travel companions with whom you plan to enter or exit Colombia
- Complete the Check-MIG within 24 hrs to 1 hr before your flight
- Remember to obtain a visa for Colombia (additionally to the Check-MIG) if you cannot enjoy visa exemption
What is the Colombian Check-MIG?
The Colombia Check-MIG is currently an additional travel document obligatory to both enter and exit Colombia amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The form includes all essential details concerning the traveler’s health and travel plans in Colombia.
Who must have the Check-MIG to enter Colombia?
The form must be completed by everyone planning to cross the Colombian borders through any border point. This requirement applies to travelers irrespective of their age, nationality, or COVID-19 vaccination status.
When do I need to complete the Colombia Check-MIG?
The Check-MIG application should be completed within 24 hrs prior to planned departure flight. One hour before the flight is the latest moment that one needs to have the already approved Check-MIG.
How should I apply for the Check-MIG to Colombia?
There are three simple steps to follow, including providing all required details, answering all necessary questions about your travel and health and finally covering the service fee. After that, you will need to check your email inbox and download the approved Check-MIG in PDF format.
How will I get the approved Check-MIG?
Once approved, your Check-MIG will be sent to your email address. Make sure to refresh your email inbox and download the document!
What is the validity of the Check-MIG?
Check-MIG remains valid for 30 days from the date of issue. After that period of time, one needs to complete the new form to enter Colombia. Moreover, Check-MIG can be used only for one entry to the country.
Should children also have completed the Colombian Check-MIG?
Yes, there is no age exception for submitting the Check-MIG form. Application for underage traveler must be done separately on behalf of their legal guardians or parents.
What are COVID-19 restrictions in Colombia?
Foreign travelers who have received the full regimen of COVID-19 vaccination are exempted from testing requirement. Those who are not fully vaccinated need to produce a negative PCR or antigen test no later than 72 hrs prior to the planned boarding.